There are currently people on OSRS!

Go Back   2007HQ > Off-Topic > Debates

RSN: Seismos
Send a message via Skype™ to bman7
Default Is global warming real?

Or was the idea made up by people who were paid by General Electric to help sell their fluorescent lightbulbs and other 'green' products?

I think it isn't true. I'm pretty sure the 'warming' is just temporary, and part of a natural cycle caused by the sun, barely caused by anything we've done.

Here's a graph from multiple different sources, estimating what the temperature has been over the last 12,000 years:

And the same graph, but the last 1,000 years:

There's also been a recent discovery/study that shows that it was likely warmer in the time of ancient Rome than it is currently. I'll try to find it again if anyone's interested.

RSN: zitface

Originally Posted by bman7 View Post
ry/study that shows that it was likely warmer in the time of ancient Rome than it is currently. I'll try to find it again if anyone's interested.
Compared to what other location?

Tbh, I think Global Warming is just a conspiracy made up the government to control the masses to hide a greater danger.

That danger is that the government and most governments all over the world are actually made up of crab people who have been living in the Earths' crust for thousands of years, and are trying to control the world through turning the citizens of the world against each other by making every hundred thousand or so people hate each other through the use of political parties and other governmental shenanigans.

Last edited by Shoe; 12-24-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Users who liked this:

Originally Posted by Showdown View Post
I meant in the general time era of ancient Rome

RSN: Keijo

That danger is that the government and most governments all over the world are actually made up of crab people who have been living in the Earths' crust for thousands of years, and are trying to control the world through turning the citizens of the world against each other by making every hundred thousand or so people hate each other through the use of political parties and other governmental shenanigans.

interesting theory but i think its the aliens living in the underground tunnels

Users who liked this:

RSN: Oss Spy

It's a fact.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/282-s...ology/59671821

The thread was created by a denier, then somebody with knowledge on the subject deconstructs his ideas.

Fact: CO2 is a greenhouse gas

Fact: Sunlight is absorbed by greenhouse gases

Fact: Humans have pumped CO2 into the atmosphere

And etc.

Read my playthrough of OSRS right here!
Users who liked this:

RSN: Threat

From the arguments I have seen, I think it's real. The effect we as humans have on the Earth is staggering.

RSN: Nighty

I think it's real

Besides, even if it isn't real, the human race is still severely f***ing the planet with pollution and artificial materials and everything else we do.
Users who liked this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...t_data.svg.png

This is a graph of the estimated temperature, CO2 level, and dust concentration in Antarctica over the last 430,000 years. Now, I personally don't believe the Earth is that old, but for the sake of argument lets assume I think it is.
Now, if you look at the graph, you would think that at the very end of the temperature chart, it shows the temperature increase caused by us. However, that can't be the case. If you look at the scale, it says it's been thousands of years since it started. We only really started putting CO2 into the atmosphere in the 1800s, so it can't be possible that the warming 1000+ years ago was caused by us.
Measuring the size of the graph a bit more, I figured out that the difference between each 50,000 year mark is about 110 pixels, which means each pixel on the graph is about 454 years, which also means it has been about 11,363 years since the temperature started going up.

Now, the temperature naturally goes down too. Again by measuring the graph, the temperature in the middle three temperature increases 'peaked' (which I defined as the area where the temperature goes straight up and straight down ) for an average of 3,800 years. Now, if you don't count that amount of time, the cause of this warming would have been caused by people around the time of the early Sumerians.

And before you say that maybe this graph is fake, or scientists say that it's wrong, or I just found a random graph off Google and said it was true, search "Vostok Petit" on Google and you'll find many results of the same graph, and even some on Government sites.

I don't really see what you mean. Yes, we started pumping a significant amount of CO2 in the atmosphere around the 1800's, which is why there's been a significant climate change, and it's something we have to worry about or it will get worse.

Global warming is fact; indisputable. I'd say I'm surprised that people still deny global warming, but there are a lot of people who also deny evolution, so it's no big shock.

RSN: zitface

Tbh, I think Global Warming is just a conspiracy made up the government to control the masses to hide a greater danger.

i don't remember making this post

Users who like this:

Tags
shows, sun, time