There are currently people on OSRS!

Go Back   2007HQ > Off-Topic > News & Articles

Administrator

RSN: Vault

Originally Posted by Diggydug View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA
  1. Hospitals can deny treatment to illegal immigrants for non-life-threatening medical issues, meaning they're treated far less often and will only go as a last resort.
  2. When they are treated for life-threatening problems, they come out tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in debts, a risk many aren't willing to take.
On the other side, you may have longer wait times in Mexico, but at least you'll get the attention you need, no matter if it's life-threatening or not, and you won't come out broke.

Last edited by Vault; 11-20-2015 at 05:49 PM.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

You think my experience with Mexicans is minor? You go off of pure speculation and then tell both a Mexican and a Texan reasons Mexicans would prefer Mexico health care when they don't. #outoftouch#delusional#likestoragonamericaeventhou ghinferior#likestoconsiderselfamerican

EDIT: Before you reply.

I know, I know, you have it on paper that you are absolutely right because Vault can't make mistakes because he only reads perfect news sources from non-biased individuals and forms a well thoughtout opinion only after looking into the topic. I know.

You don't have to tell anyone that, we're well aware.

Meryn Trant: "You're an upjumped cutthroat. Nothing more."
Bronn: "That's exactly who I am. And you're a grob in fancy armor who's better at beating little girls than fighting men."

Last edited by Diggydug; 11-20-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Users who liked this:
Administrator

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

You think my experience with Mexicans is minor? You go off of pure speculation and then tell both a Mexican and a Texan reasons Mexicans would prefer Mexico health care when they don't. #outoftouch#delusional#likestoragonamericaeventhou ghinferior#likestoconsiderselfamerican
Weird, because I recall a few Texans in the reddit thread saying that they go to Mexico to get treated because it's cheaper and near-equal in quality.

And that it's fairly well known that US healthcare is the most expensive in the world, let alone for an illegal immigrant.

Fact of the matter is, when you're not seriously injured, which is most of the time, and want regular checkups as an illegal immigrant, Mexico is the place to go if you don't want to get fucked in the ass by debts.

I would like you, however, to respond to my two points though instead of laughing it off and telling me I'm wrong without telling me why I'm wrong:
  1. Hospitals can deny treatment to illegal immigrants for non-life-threatening medical issues, meaning they're treated far less often and will only go as a last resort.
  2. When they are treated for life-threatening problems, they come out tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in debts, a risk many aren't willing to take.

Last edited by Vault; 11-20-2015 at 10:11 PM.

1. Illegal immigrants don't have the same rights so I don't mind.

2. Yes healthcare has issues and is expensive but people aren't hopping back and forth over the fence for a doctor's appointment.

While you read a reddit thread I lived there for most of my life. You basically saw a statistic and liked the idea of talking shit so did it. I'm not going to entertain you on this, you're getting desperate for "discussion" but have proven to be bad and not worth the time.

Bronn: "That's exactly who I am. And you're a grob in fancy armor who's better at beating little girls than fighting men."
Administrator

1. Illegal immigrants don't have the same rights so I don't mind.
???

This isn't about what you think. It's about the reasons that Mexicans seem to be going back to Mexico for. They can't get non-life-threatening treatment in the US, so they go to Mexico because there they're guaranteed to get it.

2. Yes healthcare has issues and is expensive but people aren't hopping back and forth over the fence for a doctor's appointment.
Thousands of American travel to Mexico for healthcare every year because, even including travel costs, it comes out to cost less. There are many articles/studies online about this.

While you read a reddit thread I lived there for most of my life. You basically saw a statistic and liked the idea of talking shit so did it. I'm not going to entertain you on this, you're getting desperate for "discussion" but have proven to be bad and not worth the time.
So suddenly everyone online who claims to be a Texan and disagrees with you can't be trusted.

I trust myself and my own life experiences is what I'm saying but ok.

You ignore that even a Mexican said that reason is highly unlikely. A Mexican who lives in Mexico. A Mexico-Mexican. Redditors, though, they are more reliable.

You're insane.

Administrator

I think you're missing the whole point. Think as an illegal immigrant:
  • Can't get treated in the US unless it's life-threatening
  • If I do get treated in the US, I'll be in tens/hundreds of thousands in debts
But if I live in Mexico:
  • Can get treated, no matter the severity
  • It won't put me in debt for the rest of my life
I think you're underestimating how important healthcare is to someone when they have no means of getting it without massive consequences.

I think I've met more Mexican families than you.

Administrator

You ignore that even a Mexican said that reason is highly unlikely. A Mexican who lives in Mexico. A Mexico-Mexican. Redditors, though, they are more reliable.
And no, I wasn't ignoring what he said...

He gave one example of a situation where you require immediate medical attention. In most cases, you won't need that level of care and I would argue that people tend to value regular health checks over the possibility of requiring immediate medical attention.
  • Mexico: Cheap, medical attention given no matter the severity
  • US: Debt for life if life-threatening problem, no regular health checkups, you live your life in fear of having to visit the doctor
I think the decision for many illegal immigrants is fairly black and white when laid out this way, especially given the importance of healthcare.

There's a reason over 6 million Americans travel abroad each year for healthcare:

http://news.health.com/2009/04/08/traveling-treatment/

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/may/19...h-care-mexico/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/28/he...ical-care.html

Administrator

But again, this is just one aspect of why Mexicans might be moving back to Mexico. I'm sure it's not the only deciding factor.