There are currently people on OSRS!

Go Back   2007HQ > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

RSN: Vazz
Default Need advice + New PC ??

So basically I'm getting a new computer.
The problem is, currently, I am not too much into gaming, infact, I don't play any of those new huge games at all.

The games I currently play are only very simple, easy and old ones, such as
  • Minecraft
  • RS3 (I'd start playing again)
  • GTA San Andreas

So I selected my computer knowing that I've never been too much into all these big Call of duty, battlefield, new gtas and whatever else there is.
But I dont know how this will change in the next years or months, and a whole new desktop isn't a thing you will only use for 1-2 years... But I don't want to spend an extra few hundred $ or almost double the price to be sure, and then end up not using them because I still dont feel like playing those games

Here are the specs of the computer Im buying:

Intel® Core™ i5-3330 Processor
(6M Cache, 3,2 GHz)
Win 8.1 (64 Bit)
8.192 MB Dual-Channel DDR3 SDRAM w/ 1.600 MHz [2 x 4.096]
NVIDIA® GeForce GT 620-Graphiccard mit 1 GB

As I said, this will easily meet my current standards, but it won't be enough for the 100% best performance on things like BF3 with full video settings

I don't want to buy some dumb junk below 500€ (around 550$) so it starts from there. And then upwards I'll put a limit at around 900-950€ (~ 1k$) because I'm not doing some huge video editing or running 5 of the newsest games at once. I could obviously go ahead and spend 1,5k or so on the new PC but I know for a fact that it's way more than what I need.

So as I said, I'd say around 500-900$ while 900$ is already at the range where I'm not sure if I'm paying for something I will never need. This is why the specs I posted above cost 700$.

Oh, thanks for that.

Germany and Amazon is the one you'd suggest to use I guess.

I keep hearing that building your own computer was getting better with the time "these days", but "these days" it's already getting worse again, and building can end up being more expensive. So that's why I actually looked at a complete set, but considering my standards are low and could soon change, it might be better to buiild it and then stock up for higher standards.

Nope, the Monitor is not included in the budget money. So if you took $600 for the computer, you'd add $300 for the monitor, making $900 in total.
The monitor is already ordered, so the rest budget I am willing to pay is the one I've mentioned before ($600-$900), while $900 is already the price range where I can find computers on the web that by far exceed my current standards.

Tags
advice, big, buying, don't, easy, full, hour, huge, is., rs3, video, youtube