There are currently people on OSRS!

Go Back   2007HQ > Announcements > News & Announcements

Administrator

RSN: Vault
Default Submit Your Guide

If you have a guide that follows our layout, please reply to this thread with the following form filled out:

Name of Guide:
Link to Guide on Forum:
Vault.

RSN: Memberr
Send a message via Skype™ to Member

Name of Guide: Karambwan- 660k-725k! + 58k cooking exp! (might need to change )
Link to Guide on Forum: http://www.2007hq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2735

I've edited it a bit to look similar to the nature running guide. The titles and sections do look a bit weird though (apparently only on internet explorer l0l).

I don't know if this guide is good enough, I don't have any quest guides on the main website to compare it to:

Name of Guide: The Tourist Trap quest guide
Link to Guide on Forum: http://www.2007hq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3036

And if you have time Vault, can you please fix these things listed here? I've spent a lot of time on getting it and it has been a while since I posted it:
http://www.2007hq.com/forum/showthre...?t=1250&page=2

Last edited by Member; 07-15-2013 at 06:22 PM.

RSN: Threat

Name of Guide: Biohazard
Link to Guide on Forum: http://www.2007hq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3172
Name of Guide: Plague City
Link to Guide on Forum: http://www.2007hq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2126
Name of Guide: Demon Slayer
Link to Guide on Forum: http://www.2007hq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2112
Feel free to edit any of them as you see fit. I'm not entirely sure I made all the edits that you were looking for.
Administrator

I've added the Karambwan guide here as well as the Biohazard guide here.

I'll get to the others as soon as I can.

Users who liked this:

Name of Guide: The Golem
Link to Guide on Forum: http://www.2007hq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3271

Last edited by Threat; 07-19-2013 at 04:22 AM.

I've just gone through my Plague City guide and removed some pictures I felt were unnecessary to include, as well as condensed some short sentences into paragraphs which I feel will improve the guide. I also re-captured the remaining .jpg images and changed them to .png to enhance the quality.

I'm going to do this for the Demon Slayer guide as well right now.

Also, just a quick question - for the credits section of the guides, could you make it so the name you're giving credit to links to that person's profile page?
Users who liked this:
Administrator

Originally Posted by Threat View Post
I've just gone through my Plague City guide and removed some pictures I felt were unnecessary to include, as well as condensed some short sentences into paragraphs which I feel will improve the guide. I also re-captured the remaining .jpg images and changed them to .png to enhance the quality.

I'm going to do this for the Demon Slayer guide as well right now.

Also, just a quick question - for the credits section of the guides, could you make it so the name you're giving credit to links to that person's profile page?
Thanks, that will definitely help. It's important to keep your guides short and to the point.

Yeah, I'll add the links to credits when I add another guide and I'll edit the previous ones too.

K just finished the Demon Slayer one as well. And no problem. Of course when you get around to reviewing/updating in the guides for the homepage, feel free to make any more edits/remove any more pictures/etc. I tend to put too much information sometimes ( whether that happens to be in the form of pictures or words. )

Users who liked this:

RSN: Memberr
Send a message via Skype™ to Member

When do we need pictures and when do we not need pictures? I mostly use inventory set ups and maps in my guides.

And when do we need titles in quest guides? In most quests I do not see good points to start a new title.

Originally Posted by Member View Post
When do we need pictures and when do we not need pictures? I mostly use inventory set ups and maps in my guides.

And when do we need titles in quest guides? In most quests I do not see good points to start a new title.
I think it's most important to show pictures for locations (e.g. NPC locations, quest start, pictures of mini-map in case of confusing travels, etc.). I'd say including pictures of NPC dialogue during the quest isn't too important - I'd only show pictures for the most important dialogues. But yeah, I think maps are good. Inventory pictures showing what you need or might want to bring would be good IMO. It all really comes down to what you think is worth including though; make the guide as easy to follow as possible.

As for titles, all the guides I've done I've found 'breaking points' where I could split the guide into sections and include separate titles. It might not be easy to think of them at first, but as you're making the guide and going along they'll probably come to you. Though I don't really think including titles is 100% necessary; you could simply number the steps instead. But I'm sure every quest can be broken down into sections. I only made sections in my guides because I feel it makes the guide easier to follow and less cluttered.

Tags
2007hq, forum, guide, layout, submit, vault