There are currently people on OSRS!

Go Back   2007HQ > Off-Topic > Debates

exdee

RSN: Seismos
Send a message via Skype™ to bman7

https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0

Makes ya think

RSN: Keijo

that is really funny. there clearly is some lvl of doomsaying/scaring aspect to this all.

but i dont really think it matters whether its real or not. reducing pollution and preservation of nature is a nice idea regardless. as much as im passionate about old noisy and smelly gasoline vehicles i really dont see a downside of the mainstream methods of transports being electrical and whatever it takes to lose the pollution etc. it doesnt take anything away from anyone.

not to mention shit like creating less plastic waste and shit from product packaging and recycling more etc. literally no downside so i support it.

Last edited by Meno; 06-10-2019 at 10:42 PM.

"preservation of nature"
i've never seen anyone fighting for nature in our govt. just temperature, the water level, etc.

to me, the annoying part of it all is the things they attack are not the main problems. ignore china. still use china for massive manufacturing. their pollution = ok.
cars aren't the main contributor of fossil fuel consumption but that's their focus when it'd barely put a dent in the grand scheme of things. planes, ships, and power generation are all at the top.
nuclear power plants? don't even consider it, that's disgusting.

that's basically how it is in the US anyway. less plastic would be cool too but nobody mentions that with climate change, just the pacific ocean for some reason.

Meryn Trant: "You're an upjumped cutthroat. Nothing more."
Bronn: "That's exactly who I am. And you're a grob in fancy armor who's better at beating little girls than fighting men."

RSN: Seismos
Send a message via Skype™ to bman7

The whole fear mongering thing puts me off of the whole idea personally, maybe the Earth is warming up a bunch and maybe it is partially our fault, but they way they handle it makes me not believe it.

If it's such a big and scary and obvious problem why do they constantly exaggerate and lie about it, and make apocalyptic predictions that don't come true? It just makes me distrust the whole thing

I'm fine with wanting to preserve nature and polluting less, but most of the time politicians who say they want to do that just end up making laws to make the government have more control over everything, pay out subsidies for ineffective technology, or do ridiculous things that don't help anything like banning straws or juice boxes

Originally Posted by Diggydug View Post
to me, the annoying part of it all is the things they attack are not the main problems. ignore china. still use china for massive manufacturing. their pollution = ok.
yea this really annoys me.

china, india and more are rocketing up in pollution charts and increasing rise in consumerism and whatever. theyre only getting started in those parts of the world and they have crazy amounts of people there.

if we really want to "save the world" so to speak then there really needs to be something to hold these entities down otherwise we'll just be patting ourselves on the back with all this eco stuff while the others ruin it instead in the bigger picture.

cars aren't the main contributor of fossil fuel consumption but that's their focus when it'd barely put a dent in the grand scheme of things. planes, ships, and power generation are all at the top.
i think all this tech is at the point that a pretty logical and good next direction in evolution is to try make it as ecological as possible. also id like to see statistics made of how much the production of each thing pollutes to be made into an important figure that people care about.

like you said in the china part people can just produce shit there where they dont give a shit about it and still be labelled "green". id like to see this combatted and create competition in the most economical production as well.

as much as im a car nut and how much there is talk about economical cars i have no idea who does this well in cars for example.

that's basically how it is in the US anyway. less plastic would be cool too but nobody mentions that with climate change, just the pacific ocean for some reason.
theres lots more of talk about reducing plastic and recycling properly here now. i think thats a really positive thing. whether its becuase global warming exists or just to reduce trash doesnt matter and i dont think should matter to anyone.

lots of other things are arguable but i dont see any reason why anyone on the planet should disagree with this one.

tl;dr it's fake dont care

Meryn Trant: "You're an upjumped cutthroat. Nothing more."
Bronn: "That's exactly who I am. And you're a grob in fancy armor who's better at beating little girls than fighting men."

basically yea might as well b

Tags
shows, sun, time